Friday, November 28, 2003

Day After Thanksgiving Christmas Shopping IS all it's cracked up to be.

So this Thanksgiving was actaully quite relaxing. It was nice and quiet but still very family oriented, which is something I look foward to about this time of year. 

I also went to my second ever Thanksgiving football game. Leominster lost again, for the fourth consecutive year in a row. That right there is a consistant tradition. Fitchburg deserved to win, anyway. They had an 8 foot pimp dressed in white fleece on their side. I mean, come on. Talk about your angels in the end zone.

Today I went Extreme Shopping with Lizzy and my mother. By extreme I mean wake up at 4:30 and head to Wrentham Outlets for 6:00 door buster sales. Throw in some crazed sale hunters, frigid rain and 3/4 of the Chinese population and you've got yourself a downright obstacle course. Asians in the face of bargains turn vicious, let me tell you. They were snatching up Burberry raincoats like they were going out of style. 

After Wrentham we went to Copley Place, where the lovely employees do their best to keep shoppers from fainting by standing outside their stores handing out complimentary bottles of J.Jill water and FCUK candycanes. 

But it was totally worth it, because there is nothing I love more than Christmas shopping. All I need now is some sugar cookies and snow and I'll be a happy girl.

No comments: