Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"I just saw both of your lives flash before my eyes." - Eleanor

Today's Metro could not say enough about King Kong, and even went so far as to call it...

..."The next Titanic"?!

Woah, woah woah. Hello, hefty claim.

But I thought about it, and I suppose it's entirely possible, based on visual effects being ahead of their time...and length, of course. And I think I spotted a breathtaking sunset in the trailer.

My list for vacation is longer than my list of things to do BEFORE vacation, although my before vacation list is slightly less entertaining.

But nothing is as entertaining as harassing a Factory full of restaurant patrons with stories about the President of BU's arm stub with fingers at the end, followed by the really unsubtle flirtations of two 30+ out of towners, who, two feet away from the entrance of the Westin were smooth enough to open with "Do you girls know where the Westin is" and proceed to ask us if we wanted to come in for "martinis", followed by a ride home serenaded by Bob Carlisle and his damn Christmas Shoes, followed by Secret Santa Christmas Riverway style...we almost kept it a secret.

Tonight is the first night of the Pinocchio Study, Natalie's and my research project to learn once and for all if our noses actually DO grow at night, or if they just APPEAR to be larger in the morning. Nobody has EVER done this before, and if there is a change, we're calling MIT. 

I bet the martini guys would be shocked if they ever found out. 

I'm really glad I saved up all my excused absences for the end of the semester.

"All I want for Christmas is you"...oh yeah, and a draft snake to press up against the freaking window so that the 14 degree winds will stop wafting over my sleeping body and I can go back to sleeping sans pantalones. Or at least sans 16 layers of clothing.

Liz and I took a shot of TheraFlu, which was an instant, if nauseating pick me up. She feels good enough to run a marathon. I, however, have never known such health.

Ah well, I really really love it.

No comments: