Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sexy.

According to the oh-so-eloquent Sexy vs. Skanky list in the July issue of Cosmopolitan, it is considered "sexy" to post your resume on a job finding website. 

My instant reaction to this addition to the list (it fell just under the equally sexy activity of "looking for baby bumps on stars like Amy Poehler", which I'm not even going to touch right now) was confusion. There is no way that posting your resume on a job finding website is remotely sexy. It's desperate, sure. But sexy? No way. Then I remembered that this is Cosmopolitan we're talking about, a publication that relies on desperate women for survival. It hurts me to imagine the person that reads Cosmopolitan's Sexy vs. Skanky list and thinks, "YES. You know what? YES. Oh my God, David Beckham's sporty pants ARE sexy, whereas Joey Fatone's workout ensemble is pure skank" or "What? It's sexy to post my resume on Monster.com? SIGN ME UP." Especially because, in my experience with job finding websites, you rarely get responses from them. I'm not sure what Cosmo's stance on unemployment is.

All that aside, I would like to point out that in the past month I have ONLY posted my updated resume on online job finding websites. I'm just saying.

No comments: