Friday, June 27, 2008

Analgesic.

My temporary job, I have decided, is to watch all the movies that I have here in L.A. with commentary and add to my growing stock of useless movie trivia. It's going really well.

In addition to this, I have also gotten very passionate about developing a schedule of things to do in order to make each day [of unemployment] count, a la Jack Dawson. I bake things. I write things like cover letters and short stories and blog entries (HEY OH). I have completed Veronica Mars in its entirety, which was pretty great and am now moving on to Heroes. I clean things. I sign up for catalogues. I make lists. I make repeated, unsuccessful attempts at turning Los Angeles into a walking city. I purge my hard drive. I attempt to cure things like the inexplicable leg rash that I have been combatting for a few days now (my list of possible causes: an allergy to either North Hollywood air, unemployment, or the fact that my family is currently in Nantucket and I am not) with various "analgesics". I wonder about things like why topical hydrocortisone cream has to be called an analgesic and why I couldn't have just gone to college for something delightfully normal with tons of job security, like medicine or education. I read. I snack. I attempt to get Wii Fit to balance out all the snacking. I correspond via snail mail. I color and on Wednesdays I go to Jamba Juice for a fix.

It's a busy life, I'll tell you. Hopefully one day soon I'll be griping about how exhausted I am and how I'd kill for a day off of my grueling career and blah blah blah.

1 comment:

Laura Sreebny said...

1. haha analgesic...
2. HEROES IS THE BOMB if you can get past the first three mostly laughable episodes
3. Do you have a Wii to play the Wii Fit on??