Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Expecto Patronum!

Well, it's official. One side of my nose works and the other does not.

If there's one thing I hate, it's when you can breathe out of one nostril and not the other.

It feels so asymmetrical.

On a lighter note, I was BOMBARDED with Christmas letters today. Two in one day! I love Christmas letters, especially the ones that go on forever about how WONDERFUL the year has been, thanks to ____'s incredible financial SUCCESS, how BRILLIANT the children are, and so on. One of the two we got today was from my mom's aunt and uncle, and it began with the token 'cheap pity plea' by describing Aunt's broken leg and Uncle's torn cornea.

Christmas letters are one of the many things I find funny that lots of people don't. Others include infomercials, telemarketers, and calling consumer hotlines. All of which are EXTREMELY entertaining, if experienced in the right context.

Usually I write a blatantly obnoxious Christmas letter for MY family that is a mockery of all of those that we get that people write in all seriousness. Maybe I'll post my letter from last year. 

I made cupcakes tonight. And ate two of them.

I need to start a more regular gym regimen. I'm starting to feel really lazy. Generally speaking, I'm not lazy, I enjoy DOING stuff, but there just hasn't been much to do...or so I think. I COULD start reading my outside reading for English, I COULD start researching Emily Dickenson, I COULD study lines for my plays, I COULD study psycho, I COULD review for math...

I blame my illness. This cold is taking over my life, and will probably evolve into...dum dum DUM...the FLU. OR WORSE...

A MORE SEVERE STRAND OF SENIORITIS (which I have been plagued with ever since Junior year)

Looks like orange juice, Nyquil, and some quality The O.C. tonight.

No comments: