Friday, December 12, 2003

That was a very loud beep.

So this week's over.

Weeks feel so long as they're going by, but when they're finally over...Where'd they go? I feel like this year is flying by faster than time has ever gone by before, and that really scares me. I can honestly say that this year is right up there with junior year on the Greatness Scale.

Looking back on the past two years, a lot of crappy things have happened. Crappy things that I never expected or anticipated or thought that I would ever have to deal with. But despite the crappy, this past year and a half have honestly been the best of my life. 

When I was younger, I always saw myself dancing all the way through high school. I thought that would have been pretty cool, because in the past, senior dancers always got some sort of recognition. I knew that that wouldn't happen for me though, because I had never really stayed at a dance school long enough to become a fixture. So whatever, what else would I do?

I never thought in a million years that my senior year would be what it is. As a freshman, I could not WAIT to get out of St.Bernard's. Time there went by so slowly, and I know for a fact it was because I didn't care enough to get involved. If someone had told me then that as a senior, I not only would be back where I belonged, but I'd be a Television Production/ Theatre kid, I wouldn't have believed it. Because back then, there's no way I would have had the courage to do any of the things I do.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the long run, I am extremely lucky. I'm lucky that I was able to take Out of the Blue LAST year, because thanks to that, I had the amazing experience of being able to know LHS TV Production for what it was meant to be, with awesome boys that made that class what it was. I'm very very lucky to have those memories, because thanks to them, I know what to do with LEACTV today.

I'm lucky X 3,000 that there were open spots left for the France trip at the beginning of last year. That was the trio of a lifetime, and I have more memories from those 12 days than I could ever write. France opened my eyes to something completely new and different and wonderful, and that is something that can never be taken away from me. It was fantastic beyond belief, and chatting about the memories always provides countless entertainment.

I'll always be grateful that I was given the oppurtunity to have ended up with my part in the musical last year. That, my friends, was the epitome of luck, but I felt as though I truly won some sort of lottery. I was so happy to be 1/4 of a group of Fallen Angels, which was totally a bonding experience. Even if nobody understood the joke that was one of my two? lines. Anything Goes was truly cosmic.

Can I talk about cosmic now? Cosmic is SENIOR year. It is Summer, 2003, mange-a-thons, PONS, Seagulls, Girraffes, Extravaganzas, and Eating Great. Cosmic was Ten Little Indians. It IS the Princess and the Princess, and Sure Thing, and Philip Glass Buys a Loaf of Bread. I never thought I'd have the chance to be a part of these shows, I thought that not dancing this year would be a mistake, and that I'd miss the performing. But I don't have time to. I feel like I'm exactlyt where I'm supposed to be, that this is what I love to do. When you get something that you desparately want, but thought would never happen, it truly knocks you off your feet. 

I've been knocked off my feet, and I never want to get up.

No comments: