Saturday, August 26, 2006

We are so lucky to have been brought up with catalogues.

I have decided that I have a major problem with the following:

1. King Richard's Faire. True, I've never been, but I just saw a commercial for it and I'm just bothered for some reason. I think it might have something to do with carnies that go along with travelling fairs, and that the ones that travel with King Richard's Faire are not only carnies, they are carnies who believe they exist in a completely different era. It might also be the extra "E" tacked on "Fair" to make it seem authentic. I realize it's completely unjustified, but whatever.

2. The fact that my beautiful Powerbook G4 may have been recalled by Apple for housing a battery that is a potential fire hazard. This is just plain bull, because if it's true, then my computer could potentially be faced with the trauma of a battery transplant, and you all know about the risks that go along with transplantation. As a side note, if the computer is a fire hazard, then I've been pretty damn lucky all year, as I have lain in bed with that computer on my lap doubling as entertainment and a personal heat source on more than one occasion.

3. Adults with braces.

Things I do NOT have problems with include:

1. Cherry Hill's delicious fall flavor of the month, Pumpkin.
2. Good old LnT, now that I have rung up my last guest until December, I'm realizing that it really isn't such a bad place to work, and that I will miss the people I worked with more than I thought I would. I was actually starting to get a little ferklempt over my last day, but I definitely got over it. 
3. The prospect of going to bed. I'm tired, I can't think of a third thing that is more appealing then sleep right now.

Bon soir.

No comments: