Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Simple and easy assembly.

Work today was surprisingly enjoyable, considering I started at 6:30 AM. I think I mostly just like hiding out on the floor somewhere, opening boxes and avoiding the guests.

Yesterday in Boston with Kristina and Jen I accomplished many tasks which included purchasing an embroidered, built-to-last, heirloom quality Emerson sweatshirt, signing my landlord contract for my new apartment (if I give birth or adopt a child under six this year, I need to let him know so that he can get the paint checked for lead), and vetured out to Lechmere, the absolute last stop on the Greenline, to go to the Cambridge Side Galleria and oogle shoes and Macs. We were also approached by Veronica of Veronica and Company herself, who mans a ceramic curling iron kiosk and begins her spiel by enthusiastically jumping out in front of people and exclaiming "Hallo, let me SURPRISE you!" Unfortunately it wasn't all fun and games, as there was an extremely ripe man just stewing in his own BO centimeters away from us on the redline back to Alewife.

Oh yeah, and can I just get a PRAISE THE LORD for WINGS OVER WORCESTER?!! Now I can get succulent honey barbecue chicken with celery and smushy fries in forty minutes round trip as opposed to two hours down a vacant road through cell phone darkness. Not that the chicken wasn't worth the risk, but I'm all for convenience.

I'm all for health, too. I'd love it if we all could keep it that way.

No comments: