Sunday, January 1, 2006

5...4...-...3...2...1

If this New Year's Eve Extravaganza set the tone for 2006, then I think we're in for a real treat.

I really just love my friends and my family so much, especially when Gabrielle dances, Paul just wants to express himself by acquiring a pom pom fur scarf/cat toy and cubic zirconia earrings, only to be pressured into Yankee Swapping for a manly hammer by his father, my Uncle Stu, who put his Yankee Swap prize (a crushed velvet Santa underwear ensemble) to good use by sprinting a few laps around the first floor of my house wearing nothing but a hat and boxers to ring in the new year. 

And naturally, Grandmama wore the Suzanne Somers gold glittery pajamas, complete with cape. 

For me, the BEST part is that my friends rock SO much that they completely just blend in, embrace the madness and dance along, as my mother, covered in confetti and donning a party hat tries to force feed them beans and champange.

So I just feel really lucky because they are all pretty much the bomb and I love them.

Off to bed for moi though, nothing says celebration quite like a 9-2 shift at Linens N Things.

After that, I think it is high time to just lie down and watch several movies in a row.



Oh yeah, that lurch you just felt was the world slowing its' rotation.

No comments: