Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Tell the folks at home.

Yesterday afer work, I was fortunate enough to attend the seniors' last Drama Club meeting, which was so surreal and wonderful and entertaining. I can't believe how grown up they all are.

What's even weirder is thinking about how grown up and old and in charge my darlingest "sophomores" are. Seems like only yesterday they were popping on oversized bows and letting me spit food all over them.

But I think what's weirdest for me is watching them gearing up for senior year, which still feels like yesterday, but somehow morphed into almost two years. And the fact that I look at all of them, and see how they've grown up, makes it blaringly obvious that I should have done the same, but I look at myself and see absolutely no difference. I guess it all depends on where you're looking from, but TIME absolutely kills me, and I cannot seem to comprehend its concept, try as I might. 

Basically, I'm so so so proud of all of you and everything that you've done, and although it's so different from the outside looking in, which you'll all find out in positively no time at all, it's amazing to watch it all unfold, and watch traditions be carried on and evolved.

"Time is chasing after all of us, isn't that right?"

Yes, well, the only problem is that I was never a very fast runner.

Anyway, gear up kids, because this weekend there will be some LONG ANTICIPATED watching of The Wizard of Oz while simultaneously playing Dark Side of the Moon. While I'm thinking of it, what's the record that, if you play it backwards, does something either cool or freakishly scary? 

But first I have to learn how to freaking CLOSE Linens and Things tonight, which means staying there from 5-10. God, I love the workforce so much.

No comments: