Thursday, October 16, 2003

Sox appeal.

"The Red Sox are a way of life, the lifestyle of an entire region. There isn't another place where baseball matters the way it does in Boston and throughout New England. The Red Sox are a major part of peoples' daily existence. I want to play my entire career in Boston. I want to win for these fans, because the fans there deserve a championship because they invest so much of their lives in the Red Sox. I want to win a World Series obviously, but I want it to be in Boston, because when that time comes and the Red Sox fans are running out in the middle of the field, it may be one of the greatest experiences ever in sports. " -Nomar Garciaparra

For some reason, this quote basically sums up living in Massachusetts for me. Now, I'm no die-hard baseball fan, but I do enjoy heading out to Fenway in the summer, and this whole World Series looming over the heads of a team that deserves a chance is really exciting. So GO SOX.

I love where I live. People always talk about how much they want to get away, but I genuinely love New England. Especially at this time of year

No comments: