Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Roadtrip That I Am Not On II

Nashville, TN to Oklahoma City, OK

6:25 AM: "My tits are at my ankles. I am officially the least attractive I can ever be."

6:39 AM: "After shampooing with hotel shampoo (with no conditioner): 'I think I'm going to have to shave my head...yeah there's no coming back from this.' "

8:32 AM: "I just saw a f&*king bald eagle! Why do you think all those cars are parked there*? I feel epic right now. I can die now." -NZ

11:42 AM: "Don't worry, Arkansas is still full of creepy religious billboards and funnel clouds."

1:43 PM: "I saw the best super church in Arkansas. It was like a cross between the Bellagio and Notre Dame. It was also roughly the size of the Bank North Garden. There are also tornado warnings and confirmed touchdowns for our exact location. But we're pretty sure its actually just sightings of our vehicle because they are reporting dry hair and lots of smoke in its wake."

1:46 PM:



"Yup, that's exactly what I want to do after sitting in a car for 3 days and eating as much Dunkin Donuts as possible."

2:07 PM: "Still questioning the eagle sighting. "Fine, we'll just watch the news tonight. You'll see."

2:08 PM: "Have I ever seen TWISTER? I was raised on TWISTER."

2:22 PM: "If you need any proof of my terrible luck just look at weather.com for Fort Smith Arkansas and Oklahoma City. I am Job."

2:30 PM: "ISO: Do tornados smell?"

3:06 PM: "Entering Cherokee territory, hold onto your scalps. Yeah, they can have mine. I think I'd be better off without it right now."

3:17 PM: (Natty giggling to herself) "What's so funny?" "I'm just trying to find a good spot to take this up to 100 mph." This of course is to prepare for the 100 mph winds that Oklahoma City has in store for us.

4:49 PM: Musings on the constant and terrifying lightning:

"It's like Kristallnacht."

"I just want it to touch down and set something on fire...that'd be AWESOME."

"It's like a Natchtmare"

"I want a cigarette so bad right now...I wish I had a fourth hand to put on the wheel."

All kidding aside though, this is some seriously messed up weather.

*Actually only one car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those "musings" are alllllll natalie, by the way.