Monday, July 28, 2003

Revelation.

So I arrived home from lovely New Hope, Pennsylvania today. It actually was really really nice, which was actually somewhat of a letdown as I was expecting to experience Lizzy-vania, also known as Altoona, where she gets the mesh hats and has the gopher shooting relatives. No such luck with New Hope. It was a lot like the Cape, incredibly nice little stores, beautiful houses, retirement communities, and a plethora of groundhogs roaming the pridelands. Needless to say, I did not find a mesh hat. I'm going to work on that.

So the whole point of this trek down south was to go to one of my dad's TWO cousins' wedding. He has a very small side of the family, unlike my mom, who could populate a small country with Canadian cousins. Anyway, the wedding was really beautiful. For the most part. The bride was pretty, she had a tiara. I like tiaras a lot. Here's what I didn't like:

-The bridesmaids dresses. The color was nice, and so was the style, however the entire thing was ruined with a pink and blue plaid fabric on the top of the dress. Come on now. Patterns? I guess she picked them out on a stressful day, or else she just wanted to make sure they didn't look as good as she did. If that's the case, then she's a genius and more power to her.

The minister also thought he was being all original with his little speech thing, and began saying, as if he made it up himself: "Love is patient, and kind...It is never boastful" and yadda yadda yadda. Well, guess what. He ripped that little speech straight from A Walk To Remember and was trying to pass it off as his own minister genius. Not gonna fly. I picked up on it, and it appears there is a Mandy Moore fan at the New Hope Presbyterian church. I'll keep his little secret for now.

My dad's cousin, the one who got married, is a producer for the sports report of the Philadelphia local news. SO in his wedding party, come to find out, was THE Philadelphia version of Boston's WB 56 Ten O'Clock news anchor. I was very starstruck, and actually met and spoke to this guy who has the job that I want. He was very nice, and hopefully I made myself my first very own connection. Oooh, Aaah.

A revelation came to me a few moments ago, and those of you who took AP English Language and Composition this year with Mrs. Moriarty will find this highly amusing. Kerri tells me, that according to the latest Atlantic Monthly (which she got for one reason or another, who knows, I didn't ask), William Faulkner wrote the wonderful novel As I Lay Dying, as you very well know. What you DON'T know is that the completed manuscript was accidentally thrown into the fire and reduced to ashes. So, good old Faulkner gets himself nice and drunk one night, and writes THE ENTIRE BOOK OVER AGAIN. You who have read this are now going ahhhh I GET IT! There was no deeper meaning, no hidden interpretation with symbolism and the dead mother with the fish and the vultures. Oh no. The book was a product of a man's drunken rewrite of what could very well have been a book that made sense. Discuss this amongst yourselves.

So tomorrow I have to research for my AP Psych summer project with Samm. The Brave New World is a weirdass book. It reminded me of Barbie, Get Real with all the perfection and the pill popping. If you saw that play and read this book, you know what I'm talking about. 

I really really want an ice cream maker. A lot. It would multiply the food capacity by ten, at least. The possiblities are endless.

I learned a new phrase this week. 
"Yo Boy":(n.) Referring to caucasian people who take on African American inner city tendancies. (ex. Eminem) antonym: Prince Harry

Thank you and good night.

No comments: