Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Parental Guidance Suggested



These are my adorable grandparents. Their names are Grandpapa and Grandmaman. Grandpapa likes watching movies, Grandmaman does not, unless they are in French, somehow involve a French speaking country, feature someone she knows, or are written by a certain granddaughter's boss' fiance. Distance from the source does not matter, as long as there's no gratuitous, non French sex, action, or violence of any kind.

The following is a conversation between my mother and I, via IM, one fine Wednesday morning.

Mom: Is that bastard movie [read: Inglourious Basterds] ok for Grandmaman?
Me: Hell no. Are you kidding me?
Mom: Oh kay, we're off. Grandpapa is watching it, and I could tell things were going to get ugly.
Me: Yeah they scalp people in that movie.
It's about Nazis. But not ACTUAL Nazis, Quentin Tarantino Nazis
Mom: Oh gosh. Grandmaman says, "I hate dat, it's NOT-TING good about dat."

2 comments:

Grizzly Girl said...

You grandparents are adorable!

Seth & Jessica said...

So I was just clicking "next blog" and stumbled upon yours. I think your grandparents are too cute!