Monday, March 9, 2009

Tnemilpmoc.

Juan Carlo*, the delighftul third floor parking attendant in my work building's parking garage is the first person I actually encounter every morning, which is lucky because he's such a prince. Usually  he just tells me I'm the best, but last week he decided to switch it up a little and that's when this happened:

INT. PARKING GARAGE THIRD LEVEL - CRACK OF DAWN

DANIELLE (23) shuffles toward the elevators, ready to face the day. On the other side of the garage, perky, jobless LA ladies in their 7:30 AM gym makeup stride purposefully toward the same elevator, where they will proceed to comment on Danielle's lack of gymwear and subsequently exclaim "You're going to work now?!" 

When she gets to be about six feet away from JUAN CARLO (55), who sits by the key cabinet reading his newspaper and drinking his coffee, Danielle makes eye contact as Juan Carlo begins to silently applaud, as he does every day.

DANIELLE
Good morning!

JUAN CARLO
Good morning miss! Haveaniceday!

DANIELLE
You too!

Juan Carlo pauses and indicates the side of the garage that he supervises ; the one Danielle parks in every single goddamn day.

JUAN CARLO
You know. My side of the garage is the side for pretty girls!

DANIELLE
Oh stop it, you make my whole day.

Juan Carlo's not done yet. He indicates the other side of the garage, reserved for members of the fitness center.

JUAN CARLO
And that side of the garage is for the sexy girls!

Which is why I can't park there...thank you?**

Whatever, I love him.

*I don't know his real name.
**One of the better stnemilpmoc I've received as of late.

No comments: