Monday, October 2, 2006

"Dishes, Kitchen, Bathroom, Getting Ass..." - The 50 Garden St. Chore Chart

Alright.

I was legitimately surprised/upset when mine was NOT one of the 300 names picked to recieve tickets along the red carpet for Oscars 2006 in February. Hmph. I really thought I had that one. 

On the plus side, I was able to get my LA Spring 2008 application in 53 minutes after it became available online, so with any luck, I'll win the Oscar Lottery NEXT year, and I won't even have to buy plane tickets. I bet that's what fate is waiting for. Fate wants to save me a couple hundred dollars. Sure. 

I'm glad I got to see Babel tonight, it was basically yet another vingette film that makes me never want to set foot in Mexico, ever. Love those.

I have a feeling all of my involvements are about to come crashing down, cartoon anvil style, onto my head, causing me to become 2D, get little birds flying around my head, dissolve into ashes, etc. etc.

I hate Media Criticism and Theory, probably because I don't get it, because the readings are a snorefest. All I wanted to do was write my first paper on what "paradimatic signs" and "semiologistics" make E.T. magical. I thought that would suffice, but then my adorable little Asian professor with an affinity for air quotes had to complicate things to the max.

Time for Nazi mouse comics and bed. That's f-ed up.

No comments: