Thursday, April 6, 2006

Nobody knows where they might end up.

It's interesting what a too close for comfort freak accident will make you think about. It makes you think about how miniscule you are, and how your life could literally just end at any moment without any warning and without any regard for what you want or what you need to say or what you have to do. It makes you think about the people around you, and just people in general. It makes you think about how much people care about you, and how much you care about them. It makes you not want to leave anything unsaid or undone and it makes you realize that grudges are stupid. It makes you grateful for every moment and for the little miracle that is making it through the day. It could make you think of morbid and depressing things.

What I've learned from a too close for comfort freak accident is that thinking about morbid and depressing things is pointless. What's meant to happen is going to happen, and it'll happen for a reason. Things will happen that I can't even begin to worry or think about, and there's nothing I can do. If this is fate, than I believe in it. Scary and sad as it may be, in a way I'm really comforted by it, because it makes me believe in good luck too, and when all you want to do is head for Hollywood like everyone else, you need to believe in good luck. 

Sometimes what happens randomly in real life is so perfectly scripted that I have to remind myself, once again, that I'm not living in a movie.

...Yet.

No comments: