Sunday, September 25, 2005

Mon dieu.

So a couple of days ago, I was thinking to myself, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if I witnessed a restaurant marriage proposal?" I don't know why, I guess it's just one of those things that people talk about that I have never seen. Like The Breakfast Club, or the naked cowboy in Times Square. ANYWAY. Last night I went to an extremely quiet restaurant with my family and the French grandparents, and lo and behold, at the end of dinner, a teary-eyed man plucks the rose out of the vase on the table and starts soulfully (and also mediocrely) crooning an original ballad to his girlfriend, now fiancee, while the twelve other people in the room looked on. It was definitely a grand romantic gesture...that went on for about six minutes. Verse after verse after verse, tears streaming, feet stomping to the beat, shaking the floors and water glasses. Truly a memorable evening for us all.

And so, I am now back on The Riverway, bonding with an attention starved kitten who likes to chew wires and bite my fingers as I type. Cat fur. Everywhere. I've never met such a demanding cat. Maybe that's because this cat thinks it's a dog. Or a person that likes to drink out of the toilet.

Maybe I'll get some work done while I'm all alone here.

Maybe not.

No comments: