Sunday, July 19, 2009

Send in the Crow

Oh, Sunday.

Imagine the most peaceful morning scenario there ever was. Sun streaming in through the window, mourning doves cooing gently, a light breeze wafting through the lemon tree and me, miraculously still asleep at 8 AM.

I open my eyes and roll over to face the window, squinting in preparation for the sunlight, which, through my failing eyes, I see is obstructed by a dark shape perched on my windowsill. I throw on my glasses to fully diagnose the situation, but before I can, the shape makes a sound that I have never heard outside of JURASSIC PARK.

My mind and lens prescription come together in time to recognize that this is a crow, a massive crow in my window, barking at me through the screen like a damn pterodactyl. Unsure as to what would happen next, I literally stood up and begged, "Please do not bust through the screen." The crow gave me the stinkeye and yelled again before flapping off to assuredly go terrorize someone else.

I don't THINK I dreamed this, but it's hard to tell.


3 comments:

Katie said...

be careful danielle... it knows you now.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106826971&sc=fb&cc=fp

Ranielle Dandall said...

well that's just about the most terrifying thing i've ever learned.

Jennifer Camp Forbes said...

jenn camp here:

this reminds me of vampire diaries, lol.

a vampire must have visited you.