Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wicked Smart.


So I just took this IQ test on Facebook and I don't want to brag or anything, but I'm basically Will Hunting. I'm certain that this newfound awareness of my superior intelligence will only help me in the long run. If any of you imbeciles ever need help problem solving or anything, don't come to me because I'm sure I'll be too busy cracking codes for the CIA.

It's become more and more obvious to me that I am living in an environment that is suspended in time and space. Seriously, it's only been three months and the fact that it is essentially what I know to be late May weather 90% of the time really does weird things for perspective in terms of being aware of the passage of time. At least this weekend I'm responsible for two precious puppies and a cat that's hell bent on escaping into the coyote infested outdoors, so I can pretty much measure life in the amount of times I mop up pee (which is often. I'm pretty sure one of them just prefers peeing inside, since I had her outside for a solid 2 hours before bringing her in, only to have her pee immediately upon setting foot on the wood floor) and fend off cat attacks. 

The point is, under normal circumstances, if I didn't have bangs when I got here and if I hadn't dropped a razor and sliced my thumbnail a little on the road trip, I would have nothing to look to for proof that time here actually doesn't stand still. The bangs are already pretty much gone and the thumbnail slice gets shorter and shorter and once it's history I guess I'll just be here in never-ending summer, not realizing I'm getting older for Lord knows how long until one morning when I wake up looking like Clint Eastwood's mom. 

...Because I'm pretty sure that happens overnight. 

No comments: