Saturday, February 2, 2008

In spite of myself.

As it happens, the East Coast doesn't have full custody of all things awesome. I'm slowly starting to find the Boston in this place, and at the risk of getting ahead of myself...I think California is growing on me. Sort of like mold. California Mold.

I live for the moments that remind me why I'm here, that help me remember how powerful stories are and how positively bitchin' it would be to actually get paid to tell them. I love it when the senses of ambition and inspiration and passion overpower the pollution in the air and I realize how lucky and grateful I am for this experience. I love stumbling upon people and places that make sense to me in this city full of crazy strangers and I love the LA cupcake fad way too much.

Of course, this is all coming off of a particularly lovely past few days filled with dancing and good conversation and people watching and sunshine and The American Girl Place (for crying out loud). None of this takes away from the fact that I may or may not slowly be going insane from spending so much time isolated in my poor, abused car and that my heart's still strewn about various parts of Massachusetts. Just to clarify. I haven't converted or anything.

It's just nice to find nice, is all.


No comments: